- Sandy McCarthy deking Brodeur to score in the Rangers first win against the Devils for around 3,000 games in 2000/01
- The fact that Guy Hebert won that game
- Learning that somehow John Madden and Randy McKay each scored 4 in the same game against Pittsburgh (no love for the Devils at all, but my brother's a Pens fan)
- Watching a (bad) Kitchener team manage to have the first 25 shots on goal of a game against a (really bad) Mississauga team
- The Rangers being bad enough to trip Colin White (lightning on skates) on a breakaway to give him a penalty shot
- Mike Richter thankfully saving that penalty shot
- Manny Malhotra dropping Ken Daneyko with one punch
- Several brawls in the first OHL game I went to, including a Sault Ste. Marie player giving the finger to the whole crowd while skating off after being thrown out
- Winning pre-season bets on the Ducks to win the Cup in '07 (16/1) and the Caps to win the SE in '08 (14/1) - and regretting the pitiful amounts I wagered
22 October 2008
Slightly obscure pleasant memories...
Off the top of my head for starters (mostly seen on TV). I'm probably not quite as anti-Devils as this makes me seem (but it's close).